cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Thingworx Platform vs Thingworx Foundation. And Flow install ?

Ju
10-Marble
10-Marble

Thingworx Platform vs Thingworx Foundation. And Flow install ?

Hello,

1) Thingworx Platform vs Thingworx Foundation

Could someone explain me the difference between thingworx platform and thingworx fondation with simple word ?

2) Thingworx Flow

I have done the installation as explain here :

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FInstallation%2FInstallation%2Finstall_java_and_apache_tomcat.html%23wwID0ERHUO

So I have installed the file "ThingWorx-Platform-Postgres-9-1-0".

Now I want to install Thingworx Flow.

Is it possible from my first install ? (on the help page, there are reference to foundation...)

Which file is the good one :

- ThingWorx-Flow-Installer-postgresql-windows-9-1-0 (576 MB)

- ThingWorx-Platform-Flow-9-1-0 (577 MB)

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
tdixit
13-Aquamarine
(To:Ju)

Hello @Ju 

Thank you for reaching out to PTC

Here is the simple answer for the two of the questions which you have asked
1) Thingworx Platform vs Thingworx Foundation

Basically the ThingWorx Platform which you saw on PTC software download page, it comprise of "war"  file which is being used while you install the ThingWorx manually or to get the "war" file while you are upgrading to any patch version 

and ThingWorx Foundation which you saw is basically comprise of an installer that is used for installing complete ThingWorx including the Tomcat with the help of simply running the exe file present in the installer

2) Thingworx Flow

I would like to check more information around this and then I will get back to you on this

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

Ju
10-Marble
10-Marble
(To:tdixit)

Thanks for the answer on point 1.

I'm waiting to hear from you on point 2.

tdixit
13-Aquamarine

Hi @Ju 

With your first manual ThingWorx installation , you can use ThingWorx Flow installer to install flow.

Please refer Help center for installing ThingWorx flow

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FIntegration_Orchestration%2FInstallingTwxFlow.html%23wwID0ED56CB

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

Ju
10-Marble
10-Marble
(To:tdixit)

In few days, I will try the installer and will post here the result.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Ju.

Did you get a chance to try using the installer?  Please let us know if you are continuing to have issues.

Otherwise, if you feel your questions were answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

Ju
10-Marble
10-Marble
(To:slangley)

I haven't had time to try it yet. Maybe next week !

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Ju.

Just checking in again to see if you had a chance to try the installer.  Please let us know if you are continuing to have issues.

Otherwise, if you feel your questions were answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same questions.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags