cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Thingworx Time to Failure Prediction.

Mouad_Ech-chaab
7-Bedrock

Thingworx Time to Failure Prediction.

Hello everyone,

I saw a video of thingworx demonstrating the prediction analytics capabilities of the platform, in the video, the man 

actioned a leaver to cause a shaft misalignment and the platform predicted that in 2 days it will be a bearing failure.

So my question is: do anyone know how they did implement the "Days before failure" prediction using the Thing Predictor?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The Demo in the video you included showed how to use ThingWorx to solve a given problem and it included many pieces of software, but I will focus on the piece your question was about, time to failure.  

The time to failure prediction was generated with a time-series predictive model in ThingWorx Analytics server that was then imported into ThingPredictor using Analytics Manager.  In order to actually implement a solution like this, it will require domain expertise, a business problem to solve, and accurate data.

I have included two links that will help you get started on understanding how to use ThingWorx and ThingWorx Analytics to solve business problems like time to failure etc.

Build a Predictive Analytics Model

Operationalize an Analytics Model

Let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Thanks,

John

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I have reached out to some of my colleagues at PTC to see if we have any Documentation or references to get you started on this.  I will get back to you as soon as I hear something.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns in the meantime.

Warm Regards,

John

Hi,

The Demo in the video you included showed how to use ThingWorx to solve a given problem and it included many pieces of software, but I will focus on the piece your question was about, time to failure.  

The time to failure prediction was generated with a time-series predictive model in ThingWorx Analytics server that was then imported into ThingPredictor using Analytics Manager.  In order to actually implement a solution like this, it will require domain expertise, a business problem to solve, and accurate data.

I have included two links that will help you get started on understanding how to use ThingWorx and ThingWorx Analytics to solve business problems like time to failure etc.

Build a Predictive Analytics Model

Operationalize an Analytics Model

Let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Thanks,

John

Hi,

Thank you , I appreciate your reply Mr John. The informations you provided are very helpful.

Best Regards.

Top Tags