cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Thingworx not launched in Tomcat with jre 64

PN_9671807
6-Contributor

Thingworx not launched in Tomcat with jre 64

I am currently working on manually installing Thingworx in my VM. my system configuration is 64 bit.

Following is the versions of my installation:

tomcat - 9.0.50 64 bit

java - version - 1.8.0_291 64 bit

jdk - jdk11.0.11_9

jre - jre1.8.0_291

Case 1 : With Jre 64 bit

I have set the Tomcat Config/Java/Java virtual Machine path as "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_291\bin\server\jvm.dll"

Tomcat didnt start with this configuration. Throws the following error in tomcat logs

" Found 'C:\Program Files\Java\jdk11.0.11_9\bin\server\jvm.dll' but couldn't load it.
%1 is not a valid Win32 application.
 Invalid JVM DLL handle."

Case 2 : With Jre 86 bit

I have set the Tomcat Config/Java/Java virtual Machine path as"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_291\bin\client\jvm.dll"

Tomcat started for few seconds and stopped. It tried to run Thingworx environment(created thingworx storage file)

Following is the application log of Thingworx storage/logs/application log file

"com.flexnet.licensing.DllEntryPoint.entry([B)I
[L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem]
 Failed to load FlxCore library. Ensure it's in PATH (Windows) or LD_LIBRARY_PATH(other platforms) or set with the VM arg, -Djava.library.path. Error message : com.flexnet.licensing.DllEntryPoint.entry([B)I"

Error Log file

"2021-07-09 16:31:09.698+0000 [L: ERROR]\LICENSING ERROR ANALYSIS
\"C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions" is listed as a java.library.path but it does not exist. No flx dll files found. Is the java.library.path set? "

I have checked the -Djava.library.path in Java Options, it is set to

"-Djava.library.path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions""

Is this error related to version(64 bit) or because of something else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PN_9671807
6-Contributor
(To:PN_9671807)

The error is resolved. I had installed the wrong JDK( 32 bit). I have reinstalled the jdk(64 bit version) and tomcat again

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You say that you're using x64 Tomcat (tomcat - 9.0.50 64 bit), but according to logs it's installed in x86 folder (  C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\)   I'd double-check this first.

Thanks for the response. I have checked the tomcat version. It shows 64 bit. Attached is the screenshot for the same.

PN_9671807
6-Contributor

The error is resolved. I had installed the wrong JDK( 32 bit). I have reinstalled the jdk(64 bit version) and tomcat again

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @PN_9671807

Since you have found a solution, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags