cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Thingworx.war deploying on tomcat throws error and Tomcat automatically stops after starting it.

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

Thingworx.war deploying on tomcat throws error and Tomcat automatically stops after starting it.

Hi,

I am using thingworx 8.0.1 for past 6 months. It works perfectly for me without any issue but today suddenly it Tomcat stops in sometime after starting and the thingworx application does not open.

The thingworx.war do not deploy properly. All the extension files inside C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions did not load and is missing. I deleted and deployed the war file again but still it did not show up. What is the possible reason for suddenly throwing an issue like this? Herewith I have attached applicationlog.log file and catalina err.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Also I have two questions:

1) I am worried that after fixing this issue and when my Thingworx composer starts up will all the entities i created in thingworx will be retrieved or would have been deleted because I do not have any backup of the entities. It consists of two real time projects.

2) If I take an backup from postgre now will all the entities show up on restoring it in another machine?

Please provide some help as it affects the project completion.

Thanks,

V Shalini.

7 REPLIES 7

When you mentioned "I deleted and redeployed the war " .You meant that you deleted deployed Thingworx folder from webapps ? Ideally you should not directly delete and redeploy .Instead you should take backup from (import/export) menu in composer .By chance did you took backup of entities/data from Composer into ThingworxStorage or SourceControlEntites ?Because deleting and redeployment will make ThingworxStorage and BackupStorage empty .And these folder contains the backup when you do an export from composer .Ideally you should have taken an export of all entities and data and import it later .

For your other problem of Thingworx suddenly stopped ,i can not see attached logs .Can you please attach it again .And did you manually deleted/entered any entry from back end (Postgres side ) in extensions table or something ? Or by chance if you tried to import any extension and it got stuck in between ? or tried to manually delete extension from Extensions folder ?

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang  

Hi  mnarang,

I did not take an export of entities and I did not delete any extensions manually.

I took a backup of thingworx war file. But when I deployed the same war I was not able to see any extensions inside it.

Will I get everything if I restore postgre backup in another machine?

Thanks,

V Shalini.

I tested this scenario and the point is when you delete Thingworx deployed folder and redeploy the war it will automatically pick up entities from persistence provider (Postgres) .That means when this issue will be resolved and thingworx application will come then you will be able to see all your developed entities on it .Rest i am checking logs for this issue .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang

Hi,

Thank you so much for your clarification as I was worried about not getting back the entities.

Still my Thingworx is not up but after I changed the port number in server.xml my tomcat started but Thingworx is not starting. Is this because tomcat not deploying thingworx properly on initializing?

Thanks,

V Shalini.

Hello,

Today i was trying to see the logs but i think again this rar file is corrupted i guess .There is nothing which i can extract from it .Can you please zip it correctly and attach it .

Hi,

Today I checked configuration of tomcat and noticed thingworx_Platform was wrong and i gave the correct one.

But my thingworx didnot work.

When I checked the logs, it says 

"java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Password verification failed"

"at com.thingworx.platform.security.keystore.ThingworxKeyStore.loadExisting(ThingworxKeyStore.java:231)

I have attached this log file.

I have forgot to mention that I tried to install manufacturing apps but configuration failed and I deleted it. Is this the reason why my thingworx got crashed?

Thanks,

V Shalini

Can you open a support case for this issue if possible ? You are eligible for a support if you have a licensed ThingWorx instance .I would suggest you to open a support ticket for this issue so that you can get a dedicated support from PTC.

Top Tags