cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Time series chart with check box

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite

Time series chart with check box

I need to display the values of current, voltage and power in time series chart based on the check box selection. How to do this?.

i) If I select Current, only Current values will be displayed in time series chart.

ii) If I select Current and Voltage, both the values should be displayed in time series chart. 

iii) If I select Current, Voltage and power all the values should be displayed in time series chart.

iv) If I deselect any one it should not be displayed in the chart.

I have designed up to this and stuck after this,

check_box.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
raluca_edu
17-Peridot
(To:Sruthi)

Hi,

As far as I understood you managed to get the dynamic thing, but you need to implement the service that is showing the data in the chart.

For that you need to do a service that has 3 inputs: Current, Voltage and Power. These are actually values taken from the checkboxes, either true or false.

In the service you check the values: if Current is true and the others are false, you will get only data for current, 

else if Current and Voltage are true and Power false - get data only for Current and Voltage

else if all values are true - get data for all 3 values.

The result will be only one, an infotable (probably the datashape should be assigned from the service itself, if it is different for the 3 cases).

After this, just do the bindings: Changed event will trigger your new service.

Probably, there are other ways to do the implementation, but this is what came into my mind.

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
raluca_edu
17-Peridot
(To:Sruthi)

Hi,

As far as I understood you managed to get the dynamic thing, but you need to implement the service that is showing the data in the chart.

For that you need to do a service that has 3 inputs: Current, Voltage and Power. These are actually values taken from the checkboxes, either true or false.

In the service you check the values: if Current is true and the others are false, you will get only data for current, 

else if Current and Voltage are true and Power false - get data only for Current and Voltage

else if all values are true - get data for all 3 values.

The result will be only one, an infotable (probably the datashape should be assigned from the service itself, if it is different for the 3 cases).

After this, just do the bindings: Changed event will trigger your new service.

Probably, there are other ways to do the implementation, but this is what came into my mind.

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite
(To:raluca_edu)

Thanks for the reply. It worked.

Top Tags