cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

To push data on Data Lake Gen2 over JSON format

YS_10134308
10-Marble

To push data on Data Lake Gen2 over JSON format

Hello,

how can we push data to Azure Data Lake Gen2 over JSON format using thingworx or 

how can we push data to Azure Data Lake Gen2 using kepware server

Also , what is the right way to download thingworx flow server

how can we integrate thingworx and Azure data lake gen 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @YS_10134308.

The best approach if it's a new installation would be to reinstall ThingWorx using the installer.  That will allow you to install Flow and also prevent the possibility of issues with future upgrades, etc.

It might be possible to create the missing file manually in order to get the installer to run, but you may run into other issues.  If you would like to try this, please let me know what database you're running and I will send you a file to try.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:YS_10134308)

Hi @YS_10134308.

A couple of thoughts here:

1. You can write the data to a .json file and then import it into the data lake through customization.  Depending on what formats the Azure Data Lake supports, you may have to export in a different format.
  2. There are also many questions answered in docs.microsoft.com that may help. 
  3. If you are interesting in using Flow, you will have to create your own connector for Azure Data Lake.  The Flow installer is available on the Download site.  Under ThingWorx Foundation, you will need to select the option for the database you're running.  For example, if you're running PostgreSQL, select ThingWorx Postgresql:

Regards.

--Sharon

hello ,

while installing thingworx flow I am getting the following error message - 

how to resolve this error

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:YS_10134308)

Hi @YS_10134308.

What method did you use for the ThingWorx Foundation installation?  If you used the manual method, the file referenced in the error message does not get created.

Regards.

--Sharon

hello,

I used the manual method only , but in the installation guide the xml file named thingworxFoundation.xml is not used or not mentioned anywhere. 

how to resolve this error?

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @YS_10134308.

The best approach if it's a new installation would be to reinstall ThingWorx using the installer.  That will allow you to install Flow and also prevent the possibility of issues with future upgrades, etc.

It might be possible to create the missing file manually in order to get the installer to run, but you may run into other issues.  If you would like to try this, please let me know what database you're running and I will send you a file to try.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags