cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Tutorial - Connect Raspberry Pi to ThingWorx: Error connection lua to EMS

vodjpdue
4-Participant

Tutorial - Connect Raspberry Pi to ThingWorx: Error connection lua to EMS

Hi together,

despite some issues with the Tutorial for guides/thingworx-raspberry-pi-quickstart (full configuration examples of config.json, config.lua are incomplete regarding ssl settings) I got my EMS up and running and connecting successfully to my Thingworx Development Trial environment. Also the LUA part is initializing everything fine up to the point when it's trying to "registerEdgeThing":

... exempt from luaScriptResource.log

[TRACE] 2018-07-20 08:11:40,927 PiThing: Calling registerEdgeThing. currently registered: false
[DEBUG] 2018-07-20 08:11:40,928 thingworx.server: Invoking /Thingworx/Things/LocalEms/Services/AddEdgeThing on server. content: {"keepalive":60000,"port":"8001","timeout":15000,"host":"localhost","proto":"http","name":"*PiThing","path":"/scripts/Thingworx"}
[TRACE] 2018-07-20 08:11:40,928 luaBindings:newRapClient: Found RAP at localhost:8080
[TRACE] 2018-07-20 08:11:40,928 luaBindings: Got RAP timeout: 5000
[TRACE] 2018-07-20 08:11:40,928 luaRapBindings: Self Signed certificates are enabled for the RAP conneciton.
[TRACE] 2018-07-20 08:11:40,928 luaRapBindings: Certificate validation is disabled for the RAP conneciton.
[DEBUG] 2018-07-20 10:11:40,929 SDK: twTlsClient_Create: Initializing TLS Client

where its getting stuck. For me this looks like the error descriped in Unable to bind Remote properties using Lua Script Resource even when the Remote Things is connected in EMS 5.4.0 .

Does anyone know where I can download an older version of EMS for RaspberryPi to check if this solves the problem ?

For further reference please find attached my relevant configuration and log files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vodjpdue
4-Participant
(To:mneumann)

I fixed the connection issue by applying the minimal Security connection settings between LSR und EMS according to ems_wsems_security_minimal (thanks mneumann for the link to the insecure connection example which lead me to the solution).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The newer versions of the EMS / LSR have security tightened, so SSL connectivity is enabled by default.

Older versions can be downloaded via the download portal: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/software_update/swupdate.jsp

You can also try to configure the "Insecure Configuration" example for the EMS / LSR as in the Help Center:

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_edge_sdks_ems/#page/thingworx_edge_sdks_wsems_help_center%2Fws_ems%2Fc_ems_wsems_security_insecure_ex.html%23

However, if I remember correctly insecure connections do also not work with the 5.4.0 release - so either go with 5.3 or a newer 5.4 release.

I hope this helps...

vodjpdue
4-Participant
(To:mneumann)

I fixed the connection issue by applying the minimal Security connection settings between LSR und EMS according to ems_wsems_security_minimal (thanks mneumann for the link to the insecure connection example which lead me to the solution).

Top Tags