cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Unable to create/update service and properties in shape/template/thing

PGayathri
5-Regular Member

Unable to create/update service and properties in shape/template/thing

Hi ,

I have created new property/service in one shape. after reloading the composer or clicking on cancel and again edit , the created property or service is there in shape.

while saving service or property I am getting Following error.

save failed, status: Internal Server Error message: Import Failed: Unable to update thing shape: [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]

Few days back It works works but now I am unable to create/update new property or service or any changes in any entity(things, templates, shapes ...etc) in thingworx.

My thingworx version is 8, I am using Postgres as DB, tomcat version is 8.0.45.

I am getting below errors while saving any entity.

Getting following errors in application logs:

[message: [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the property provider.]].

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@7160f1c4][message: Unable To Update Entity: TestShapeGroup was modified on 2017-10-30T10:58:56.070+05:30]

Failed to load properties for Thing (SampleTestThing) from default property provider

Please help me.

2 REPLIES 2
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:PGayathri)

Hi Gayathri, is PostgreSQl running on the same server as the ThingWorx? If not could you please confirm if there is no connection issue to the persistence provider.

Additionally, could it be possible that same entity is being edited on multiple clients as highlighted in the error in the composer? Or may be its opened for editing in New Composer while you are working in old composer?

PGayathri
5-Regular Member
(To:supandey)

Hi Sushant,

Postgres is running on the same server as thingworx.

It's my local composer, only one user(Administrator). there are no multiple users in my local thingworx. only one user Administrator. For your information i am working in single window only.

Top Tags