cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Unable to create users from mashup

jmay1
5-Regular Member

Unable to create users from mashup

I have a mashup that allows the end user to create, edit and delete users. I have all the needed permissions in EntityServices and for my thing that holds general services. So far the end user can edit and delete without problems but they are unable to create new users unless they are part of the Aministrators group. The error in the log I'm seeing is different than the errors I get when there is a permission issue. Usually if the error is a lack of permission it will tell you what service and from what thing that the user is not authorized to access but this error just says "Unable to process import: Not authorized for Create"

7 REPLIES 7
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:jmay1)

Jenna, try setting the Collection Permissions on User and User Groups and then retry. You can do so from the Home page by hovering over the 'User' section and clicking on the lock icon (Same goes for User Groups).

jmay1
5-Regular Member
(To:Aanjan)

I have those permissions in place as well. Still no dice.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Can you try adding the 'System' User to the Design Time permissions for the 'User' section as well?

jmay1
5-Regular Member
(To:Aanjan)

I think what you're asking is add the System User in the permissions of Users and User Groups. I did this and I'm still getting the same error message. Not authorized to create.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

If your message is Not authorized to create, that means your User who is executing the service doesn't have Create Permissions in Design Time on Users.

jmay1
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Ok I added the user group that I needed to have the permissions to the design time create permission and I got everything working. Thanks!

Hello Pai Chung

I have been trying to do the same thing, but I am not sure what exactly you mean by "have Create Permissions in Design Time on Users".

I have added DesigTimePermission Create for MyAdmins(my admin group) to EntityServices, Users(default system Group), UserManagementSubsystem but I still get the same error (ie Not authorized for Create). Could you provide me with a code snippet or screenshot?

I also tried to create Outer Service that had RunTimePermission for MyAdmins and called Internal Service which had RunTimeP for System (user). But It seemed that the Internal Service is still called by user form MyAdmins and not by the System user. When I denied runtime for MyAdmins for Internal Service, I got an error. 

My TW is in version 7.1

Thank you in advance for your help

Jaroslav

Top Tags