cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Unable to make Rest calls in trial version

mattavidhant
4-Participant

Unable to make Rest calls in trial version

So I'm aware that Passing appKey in the url is deprecated in thingworx 8 onwards but i still have an option to enable that in platform subsystem. The problem is when i try to that in cloud version it's showing no permission to do that and when i try to set it up in Tomcat server it's not starting because i need a license file for that and for which i need to upgrade my account.
So please help me with this we're a startup. Also alternate methods would be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:mattavidhant)

What are you using to make the REST Calls? are you trying to do this on the URL or using curl or Postman?

mattavidhant
4-Participant
(To:PaiChung)

I've tried it with POSTMAN and the url directly.
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

What does your postman call look like?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

That isn't a pure rest call.

You need to set up Postman as a PUT remove the method piece and put the appkey into the Headers and the value into the body.

There are some REST tutorial posts that can help you here in the community.

mattavidhant
4-Participant

Yeah I did that only sir. I just shared the url so you could check if that is fine plus I'm not in front of my PC. So the thing is I'm not able to enable the requests in platform subsystem. When i try to enter that it shows me you don't have the permission to do that.
mattavidhant
4-Participant

See I'm getting error 405 Method not allowed. Please help me with this.

Attached is a screen grab of a PUT call that works. Here is a guide that covers setting a value using a REST call:

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/rest-api-how-guide/property-values-rest-api-how

Are you trying to set a value on a Thing named: "Remote1(c6e3ba02c6ef6922)" or "Remote1"

I do not see any body in your PUT call, you must include the property name and value in the body of the PUT

Top Tags