cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Unable to push files into Git using GitBackup extension

kiran2
6-Contributor

Unable to push files into Git using GitBackup extension

Hi Guys,

I have imported the Git Backup extension 2.0.2 into the ThingWorx composer. And created the Git Backup thing made necessary git configurations in the configuration tab. Accessed the GitBackupMainMashup and performed the push operation, i can see that files has been added in the mashup.

But when viewing the git repo, i cannot see any newly pushed files in that git repository.

In the application logs, i got this error org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.TransportException: https://gitlab: not authorized__ at org.eclipse.jgit.api.PushCommand.call(PushCommand.java:180)__ at gb.GitBackupTemplate.Push(GitBackupTemplate.java:156)

I'm not sure whether it's the issue with GitBackupTemplate or am i missing any of the steps.

Can someone please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kiran2
6-Contributor
(To:vangne)

@vangne 

It's working now. Yes, it's the issue with GIT credentials. Instead of configuring GitLab password in the thingworx Gitthing, i have generated the Access token in my GitLab account and configured this Access token in the GitThing at password field. It got worked after doing this. And now i'm able to push the files into GitLab. But i'm still curious why it didn't worked out with the GitLab password even though it's correct.

And one more doubt is that if i add a property or service to that Gitthing, how could we know those changes?Where exactly i can see the newly added property in the mashup that this particular property has been added?

Thanks in advance

Kiran.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vangne
16-Pearl
(To:kiran2)

@kiran2 

1. What is the Thingworx version you are using?

May be caused due to the improper configuration of GIT credentials.

Please try below resolution and let us know if this works for you.

Azure DevOps requires separate credentials to authenticate against GIT vs DevOps

kiran2
6-Contributor

@vangne 

Thank you for the response.

I didn't understand why Azure Devops is required for this issue. I have been using GitLab.

And even before push in Git extension mashup it's checking for the GitLab credentials. So i don't think it's the issue with GitLab credentials.

Thanks,

Kiran

kiran2
6-Contributor

@vangne 

It's working now. Yes, it's the issue with GIT credentials. Instead of configuring GitLab password in the thingworx Gitthing, i have generated the Access token in my GitLab account and configured this Access token in the GitThing at password field. It got worked after doing this. And now i'm able to push the files into GitLab. But i'm still curious why it didn't worked out with the GitLab password even though it's correct.

And one more doubt is that if i add a property or service to that Gitthing, how could we know those changes?Where exactly i can see the newly added property in the mashup that this particular property has been added?

Thanks in advance

Kiran.

vangne
16-Pearl
(To:kiran2)

@kiran2 Thanks for letting us know that it is working fine now.

You can refer the attached guide, page number:13(step 5) to see updates- what you are pushing, what files changed, etc.

Top Tags