cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Unable to use AddStreamEntries service by creating datashape and then passing values as infotable.

RK_0705
11-Garnet

Unable to use AddStreamEntries service by creating datashape and then passing values as infotable.

Hi Team,

Unable to understand how to pass values infotable as an input to AddStreamEntries and use in our custom service.

Can anybody help me how to use this service in our custom logic?

ThingWorx version is 9.0.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmilleson
17-Peridot
(To:RK_0705)

@RK_0705 ,

Use the StreamEntryWithValues data shape.  You'll have to nest the 'values' table in there.  Also, to see that datashape, make sure you select Show System Objects in the filter.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I always use the snippets, easiest is to use the Snippet section datatable/stream/blog and use the AddStream entry from there, it will prompt you for the Stream name and then stub out everything you need.

@PaiChung 

That part I already used and I know it works but I don't want to write any for loop to write multiple entries into the stream as the purpose of AddStreamEntries what I feel is to add multiple entries simultaneously without writing any loop.

Please help in understanding the syntax of using this service with complete example for ThingWorx 9.0

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @RK_0705.

What does your infotable look like?  Can you send some screenshots?  Also check out the AddStreamEntries service and notice the value is a nested infotable. 

Regards.

--Sharon

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I've actually never used the 'plural' style for stream entry so I'm not too sure what would be required.

nmilleson
17-Peridot

@RK_0705 ,

Use the StreamEntryWithValues data shape.  You'll have to nest the 'values' table in there.  Also, to see that datashape, make sure you select Show System Objects in the filter.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @RK_0705

If one of the previous responses allowed you to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags