cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Unable to write data to value stream

nhksrd
13-Aquamarine

Unable to write data to value stream

I have TWX 8.5 with MS SQL server as persistent (model and data) provider. Created a VS with MSSQL persistentprovider. Created a thing with 2 integer properties with logged option, data change type as Always.

I tried to add property values, but the message in log is seen as below:

######################################################

2019-11-02 17:24:48.658+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: E.c.q.l.c.Logger] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [P: ] [T: pool-3-thread-1] Unable to write entry in stream [VS] from source [TestVSThing] at 2019-11-02T17:24:20.236+05:30 [com.thingworx.common.exceptions.DataAccessException: [2,006] Unknown error occurred. Contact the administrator if this re-occurs.]

#########################################################

Please let me know if I missed any configuration for VS with MS SQL as persistent provider

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
K_Bairagi
12-Amethyst
(To:nhksrd)

Please find below link 

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_6.6_hc/index.jspx?id=CreatingAValueStream&action=show

Check whether NHK_MSSQL_PP is configured correctly or not?

Thanks & Regards
K Bairagi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
K_Bairagi
12-Amethyst

Hi @nhksrd ,

Try to create value stream using following settings.

Thing Template : ValueStream

Persistence Provider : ThingworxPersistenceProvider

and attached value stream to TestVSThing.

Execute QueryPropertyHistory service in Thing.

Thanks & Regards
K Bairagi
nhksrd
13-Aquamarine
(To:K_Bairagi)

Thanks for response.

The Value stream works with ThingworxPersistenceProvider. But if we create a new Persistence provider NHK_MSSQL_PP with MssqlPersistenceProviderPackage, the issue is observed. 

Does VS work with only default ThingworxPersistenceProvider.

K_Bairagi
12-Amethyst

Please find below link 

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_6.6_hc/index.jspx?id=CreatingAValueStream&action=show

Check whether NHK_MSSQL_PP is configured correctly or not?

Thanks & Regards
K Bairagi
nhksrd
13-Aquamarine
(To:K_Bairagi)

I see difference in system ThingworxPersistenceProvider and custom provider in JDBC URL string. Corrected the same and it works for custom "NHK_MSSQL_PP" Persistence provider.

Thanks,

Hari

Top Tags