cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Update Value On Row Select In Grid-Advanced

berkob
8-Gravel

Update Value On Row Select In Grid-Advanced

Hi,

I have an infotable that is being passed to Service-A, that service is adding additional fields to that infotable, and returning that infotable. This infotable is being passed to the Grid-Advanced widget to populate its data.

When a row is selected from this grid, I will populate a particular column in that row with a string.

I'm not sure how to accomplish this goal. I currently have Service-A going into an event router along with the result of another service, Service-B (this service takes the infotable from Service-A and populates the value, then returns the entire infotable). Service-B is called when the SelectedRowsChanged event from Service-A is triggered. However, for some reason that event is not being triggered. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well thanks for trying. I ended up having to store the result of service A into an additional mashup parameter. I think for some reason the grid doesn't work very well with receiving its data from two different sources in regards to that event triggering

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:berkob)

Not sure why you need the event router for this.

I think without the event router in between this flow probably would work fine.

Without the event router what am I supposed to do with the infotable that is returned from service B?

Edit: I tried just implementing the grid and service A, without service B. I wanted to verify that the rows from the data were actually triggering the selectedrowschanged event, but I kept seeing this error:

ERROR - Something messed up in selected rows ... we have selected rows, but subscriberInfo.selectedRows_anySelectedRows !== true

Any idea if this error is standing in the way of my goal?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:berkob)

This is getting a little difficult to troubleshoot  I am not sure if you should be seeing selected rows or not. I believe in the advanced Grid the widget tracks that and can be returned to a service.

I was under the impression that perhaps everything could be handled server side vs. having to return two infotables to the mashup to then create a single new table from that.

Well thanks for trying. I ended up having to store the result of service A into an additional mashup parameter. I think for some reason the grid doesn't work very well with receiving its data from two different sources in regards to that event triggering

Top Tags