cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Use Jive Mobile App to access the community?

CarlesColl
18-Opal

Use Jive Mobile App to access the community?

Hi Folks,

I've tried to download the Jive official App on my mobile to access the community, but I had no luck authenticating on it. Someone has gain access to it? or it's blocked by ThingWorx Community manager Toby Metcalf​ ?

Best Regards,

Carles.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good day Carles,

Sorry for the delay, but I have a final answer for you.

We are not licensed for mobile access; this will need to be considered in our next upgrade.

I realize it may not be as convenient as through an app, but you may access the community on the go via url.

Best,

Toby

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Carles,

I want to ensure I understand your issue, please forgive my question.

You are trying to access ThingWorx Community via Jive's mobile app correct?  Jive's app will help you access their community, which is excellent - I am there every day Toby Metcalf's Profile |Jive Community .

However, their app will not provide access to ThingWorx Community.

I access both PTC Community and ThingWorx Community via phone or tablet by bookmarking in a browser.  When I access either via mobile, it is great for consuming, but not so much for participating in or creating discussions.

I hope I understood your issue; please let me know if I did not answer your question.

Best,

Toby

Hi Toby,

But Jive App should be able to access to ThingWorx Community also, as that's the purpose of this App, it's not limited to their own community, you can see it as the app what first asks it's the URL of the community where you want to access.

If I understand well, currently TW it's blocking the access TW community from the Jive App, as I've checked and current TW Jive Community version it's 7.X which it's supported by the Jive Official App. Can you check this with TW Community administrators?

I know I can access the community through mobile browser, but this it's far from being good compared to a native App which it's already available.

Best Regards,

Carles.

Carles,

To be honest, I do not have the app installed, but will give it a look, check out the experience, and report back.

Thanks for this.

Best,

Toby

Good day Carles,

I am still on the hunt for a final solution and will deliver updates when I have them.

Toby

Carles,

I am still waiting for some answers from Jive: I want to understand everything about the app.

Best,

Toby

Good day Carles,

Sorry for the delay, but I have a final answer for you.

We are not licensed for mobile access; this will need to be considered in our next upgrade.

I realize it may not be as convenient as through an app, but you may access the community on the go via url.

Best,

Toby

Thanks Toby for the update, keep me update if you decide to give access to the Mobile features.

Will do!

Top Tags