cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

User Creation Permissions

pbaierl
1-Newbie

User Creation Permissions

I have created a mashup and a number of services to create users from a mashup and give them a certain level of access.

I am able to create and update user information as an administrator/developer.  However, I have attempted to create a user from a non admin account using my mashup and I keep getting the same error:

JavaException: com.thingworx.common.exceptions.InvalidRequestException: Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on CreateUser in EntityServices

I have give all users permission to execute services for the users and read/write properties.  Are there any other permissions I need to add in order for the CreateUser service to function? 

Thanks,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:pbaierl)

Paul, just to make sure, did you set RunTime Service Execute permissions for the CreateUser service in Entity Services as well?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Paul Baierl​,

Please refer to below article. It seems related: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS222682&lang=en_US

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Ankit,

Thank you for getting back to me.  Unfortunately it doesn't seem I can access the file in the link.  Any additional assistance you could provide would be great. 

Thanks,

Paul

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Resolution as per the article:

• Go to Users, set Collection Permissions for Users
  • Add logged in user's User Group in Design Time

Thanks Ankit,

I appreciate the reply, but I have already tried this with no success.  I added the users group (everyone) to have full permissions during development and run-time as a test.  I still get the same error about a lack of permissions to create a user.

I have also closed all of my browser windows after making the change to ensure they were applied.

Thanks,

Paul

Aanjan
9-Granite

Paul, just to make sure, did you set RunTime Service Execute permissions for the CreateUser service in Entity Services as well?

pbaierl
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Thank you Aanjan and Ankit for your help.  It is working now.  It was a combination of the two permissions settings that was preventing access.

I didn't realize I had to set permissions on the Entity Services which was hidden in the system objects.

Thanks again for the help!

Top Tags