cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Using the SelectedText feature of a dropdown widget on a repeater

leeejw717
11-Garnet

Using the SelectedText feature of a dropdown widget on a repeater

I currently have two mashups:

1. Mashup A: has a repeater widget 

2. Mashup B: a mashup that is going to be a row in the repeater widget in Mashup A

very similar to what's shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXrKq1tvntU&list=WL&index=6&t=0s

In Mashup B, there is a dropdown widget which has all the selections and is also bound to a mashup parameter so that its selectedText can be populated in Mashup A for that row. Although all the parameters and data are being passed in properly for other widgets like label, textbox, etc., the dropdown selectedText feature does not work in this case and it just shows no selection. 

Is there a way to get the selectedText feature of a dropdown widget to work in a repeater using a mashup parameter?

I did look at https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS252413 and tried the "work around", but that also did not work. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:leeejw717)

First of all, with 8.2 and higher we recommend using the collection widget.

for the dropdown - does your Value field match up with the selected text?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:leeejw717)

First of all, with 8.2 and higher we recommend using the collection widget.

for the dropdown - does your Value field match up with the selected text?

Yes, they match.

In Mashup B, the dropdown is bound to a datatable which populates the selections in the dropdown, and the SelextedText property of the dropdown is bound to a mashup parameter. In Mashup A, this mashup parameter is bound to a column of data. 

Hi Pai,

I switched from the repeater widget to the collection widget as you recommended and the dropdown feature I was talking about seems to be working fine now. Thank you!

Top Tags