cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Value Display State Formatting TW 8.5.0-b12

atidwel
4-Participant

Value Display State Formatting TW 8.5.0-b12

I'm not able to configure the state formatting option for the new Value Display widgets - it's not even listed in the properties. Will the new Value Display widgets have a State formatting option available? I know the old ones do, but those will be deprecated soon, or so it says... Any help appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@atidwel The previous post already provided the necessary answer, but I want to make you aware of a workaround that would work with the new widgets as well, until they get official suport for state-based formatting.

The state-based formatting modifies certain HTML attributes/css depending on the input value for a widget.

To achieve this you can use the CustomCSS mechanism and one expression. By using an expression with an input parameter (widget input value) that outputs a string (the custom CSS class name) you can set the CSS class for your widget depending on the input value. Hint: you can use multiple inputs, from other widgets, to set your Class.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The old Value Display widget will be there in 9.0 release as well. Adding state formatting to the new one is being targeted for a release later this year. 

@atidwel The previous post already provided the necessary answer, but I want to make you aware of a workaround that would work with the new widgets as well, until they get official suport for state-based formatting.

The state-based formatting modifies certain HTML attributes/css depending on the input value for a widget.

To achieve this you can use the CustomCSS mechanism and one expression. By using an expression with an input parameter (widget input value) that outputs a string (the custom CSS class name) you can set the CSS class for your widget depending on the input value. Hint: you can use multiple inputs, from other widgets, to set your Class.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:VladimirRosu)

Hi @atidwel.

If the response provided by @VladimirRosu answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

We appreciated your participation!

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:atidwel)

Hi @atidwel.

I have marked the solution for your post.  If you disagree with the solution selected, please provide more information and I will remove it.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags