cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Values entered are removed incase user tries to save by leaving some mandatory field empty

AA_10034462
5-Regular Member

Values entered are removed incase user tries to save by leaving some mandatory field empty

Hi,

The values are removed if all criteria's are not fulfilled. Is there any way to keep the old values if criteria is not met and remove the values once values are saved in table.

Thanks,

Asarsh

AA_10034462_0-1672219242562.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AA_10034462 ,

On Press of Submit button, create a service that checks the validations. If the Service put's any output(which means something is wrong), connect the Service Output to a validator and, based on the Service output, make true or false in the validator. For example, reset all the widget values if there is no output(null).

Note: Evaluate the Validator on Service Invoke.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:AA_10034462)

Hello,

I am not sure if I completely understand you issue, but lets see.

Are you, after pressing the "save" button clearing the fields with this widget property?

jensc_0-1672221878074.png

If not, then the values should stay in the fields.

If you could explain a little bit more about your issue, when it happens or a screenshot of the connections of some of the fields, it might help in finding the issue.

Thanks, 

Jens

AA_10034462
5-Regular Member
(To:jensc)

i have removed this feature ResetToDefaultValues from the save button still the values get removed.

jensc
17-Peridot
(To:AA_10034462)

Hello,

Do you mean you have removed the "clicked" event of the save button to the ResetToDefaultValues of the fields and it is still resetting the values?

If so I would probably first look at the logs to see if there is any issues.

Also, I would check if the fields get their:

jensc_0-1672227067184.png

Properties set after running whatever service the save button is running. It could be that that service is returning empty values; i.e empty text strings.

If it is still an issue it could be worth creating a support ticket with PTC.

Hi @AA_10034462 ,

On Press of Submit button, create a service that checks the validations. If the Service put's any output(which means something is wrong), connect the Service Output to a validator and, based on the Service output, make true or false in the validator. For example, reset all the widget values if there is no output(null).

Note: Evaluate the Validator on Service Invoke.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
Top Tags