cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Viewing Remote Thing with File Transfer Virtual Directory in a Mashup.

astorms
1-Newbie

Viewing Remote Thing with File Transfer Virtual Directory in a Mashup.

Hi,

I am following a guide to create a mashup that will allow me to transfer files to the Thingworx server from my local machine, and then also transfer them to a remote thing on the edge. I am using the Thingworx .NET SDK to create an agent that opens the Web Socket connection. I set up a virtual directory in the code, and have successfully sent and received files by testing out some services that I wrote in the agent. So I can successfully send and receive files from a file repository thing to the edge device and back.

The problem I am facing is that when I create the mashup, I cannot get the directory structure to display in the tree widget. I see in the guide that they are using the Edge MicroServer, but I am using the SDK to set up my virtual directory, so is the micro server still needed? Is there any way to configure a Mashup to transfer files from the server to the cloud without having to use the Edge MIcroServer? When I look at the Mashup, this is the reseult I get.

As you can see, the File Repository thing shows up without any issue, but the right side is the remote thing and it doesn't show the directory tree structure even though I set it up in the same way as the file repository widget.

Here is the Link ott he guide that I was following to build my current mashup, Thanks in advance for the help.

https://precisionlms.ptc.com/viewer/course/en/31295268/page/31295301

4 REPLIES 4
berik
4-Participant
(To:astorms)

Any progress on this?

I'm seeing a similar situation. I am using the EMS. I can see the remote directory structure in the composer in myRemoteThingWithFileTransfer->Services->FileTransfer->GetDirectoryStructure->Test->Execute Service. I then see my EMS file structure, but can't see it in the tree view, though I can see the server file repo, in it's associated tree view.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Aaron, what sort of user are using? Did you check the ApplicationLog for any possible hints on this? Additionally, while viewing the mashup you can use the inbuilt Debugging tool to see if there are binding/data issues see KCS article Mashup Debug Tool for ThingWorx for more help

berik
4-Participant

I ended up talking to support about this. They could not make the tree view work with a GetDirectoryStructure, either. What did work was the File Depository Home Mashup on the ThingWorx Marketplace. I think it should be possible to debug what's wrong with the tree view, given this working example, but l haven't put the time into to figure it out.

jdass
12-Amethyst

For the Tree Widget to display the Directory Structure of the Remote Thing :

1.) Make sure the Remote thing is Connected - value of isConnected property of the Remote Thing should be true.

2.) In the Tree widget configuration , ensure you give parentPath in the RootParentID field

Top Tags