cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Viewing a PDF file stored in a network share

OCMutz
11-Garnet

Viewing a PDF file stored in a network share

In a PoC I'm faced with following Use Case:

For a internal application I need to view PDF files which are stored on a network share.

It is possible to open the file in a browser window by entering something like:

file://///servername/share/Loremipsum.pdf

When using this as the URL for a Webframe widget, the widget won't display anything. Even a Link will not open a new window.

There are no entries in the application.log.

Any ideas how to get access to a locally stored PDF and present that to the user?

What will be the best architecture for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OCMutz
11-Garnet
(To:cbuse)

Hi,

thanks for the Information, but copying all the files to the Thingworx repository would create a set of redundant data, which would be not acceptable in the PoC.

Finally I created a context in the Thingworx Tomcat that is redirected to the Network share. This is working quite well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cbuse
12-Amethyst
(To:OCMutz)

Place the pdf into a ThingWorx file repository. Then, the input "URL" for the web frame widget would look like this: http://<host:port>/Thingworx/FileRepositoryDownloader?download-repository=<YourThingWorxRepository>&directRender=true&download-path=/your_pdf.pdf 

OCMutz
11-Garnet
(To:cbuse)

Hi,

thanks for the Information, but copying all the files to the Thingworx repository would create a set of redundant data, which would be not acceptable in the PoC.

Finally I created a context in the Thingworx Tomcat that is redirected to the Network share. This is working quite well.

Top Tags