cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Way to download the Internal Storage files

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Way to download the Internal Storage files

Hi.

I am trying a couple of ways to give the user a way to download the files in the below path:

file://storagex/folder1/folder2/folder/xyx/pdf

Below are the ways I have tried:
1. Link Widget(given path in the URL). didn't work

2. The Navigation function, given the path in the URL of the function, didn't work.

3. href, windows.open() of HTML/CSS, it didn't work

Does anyone have a way to do this?

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham,
Email: psp316r@outlook.com,
Mobile: +91 8099838001.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

This was fixed by mapping the network folder to a Thingworx Repository in the Server and then using the download link, which we get when we execute the GetFileListingWithLinks from the Repository thing.

That Download link can be used in the Navigation Function, Grid, Link widget .. etc, such that user can download the file from the Thingworx Dashboard.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@pshashipreetham ,

Can these files reside within a ThingWorx repository? If so, you can use the download links here ..

If not, there are a few ways I can think of to accomplish this:
1. Use the FTP Connector 

2. Set up a small python API on that machine that can serve up files then use the ContentLoader functions to retrieve file data

3. Use the RemoteThingWithFileTransfer in concert with a ThingWorx EMS to access files on that local computer.

Hope that helps,

Nick

Hi.

This was fixed by mapping the network folder to a Thingworx Repository in the Server and then using the download link, which we get when we execute the GetFileListingWithLinks from the Repository thing.

That Download link can be used in the Navigation Function, Grid, Link widget .. etc, such that user can download the file from the Thingworx Dashboard.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham,
Top Tags