cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

about analytics features name

anglee
1-Newbie

about analytics features name

Because I don't have any about learning's know-how,

so I have some about about analytics name.

I don't understand what is "Information Gain" 、"Avg. Goal" 、 "Diff vs Avg" 、 "% Diff vs Avg" and "# of records"

2 REPLIES 2
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:anglee)

@anglee 

I try to give you some answer here.

The goal is what you enter as input of the signal.  By executing a signal job you want to know how the other fields/columns impact this field.
This is what ThingWorx Analytics compute through the signal.

"Avg. Goal" 、 "Diff vs Avg" 、 "% Diff vs Avg"  in the signal details page refer to the values for the specific population shown, for example population with values between 216.27 and 235.45 in your screenshots.

When ThingWorx Analytics compute a signal it also compute the average value of the goal for the whole dataset.
Then for each population it computes the average value of the goal for that population, this is "Avg. Goal" that you see in the details.
"Diff vs Avg" is simply "Diff vs Avg for the whole dataset" - "Diff vs Avg for the specific population"

"% Diff vs Avg" is (Avg Goal for population - Avg value for goal) / Avg value for goal

# of records represent the number of records in this population. In your screenshot you have 38 records out of the whole dataset that fit the first population.

For Information Gain, I would recommend you check the following article :https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS302946 

I hope this clarifies those fields.

Kind regards

Christophe

abarki
15-Moonstone
(To:anglee)

Hi @anglee,

Quick follow-up.

Did you manage to get your question clarified? if Yes, kindly mark the information provided as accepted, this will benefit others in the Community.

If the reply did not answer your question, let us know why?

Thank you.

Asia 

Top Tags