cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

cannot access thingworx flow

YS_10134308
10-Marble

cannot access thingworx flow

Hello ,

I have installed thingworx flow successfully , but can't access it .

- I am trying to access  , with my hostname and port no.

It does not give any error message , only a blank screen is visible.

and 

The status of the following ThingWorx Flow components is also ‘online’:
flow-api
flow-engine
flow-exchange
flow-lookup
flow-oauth-server
flow-trigger
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

1. From "Help Center" - "Accessing the ThingWorx Flow Dashboard and ThingWorx Composer": https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Integration_Orchestration/InstallingTwxFlowInstallationAccess.html 

2. Some useful related articles:

Hello , 

Thanks for your suggestions , but i have already gone through these links .

can you explain me how we can do the following steps-

1.Use the orchestration.csr certificate request file to obtain a certificate from Certificate Authority.
2. Follow the Certificate Authority instructions.
3. Replace the existing orchestration.crt with the certificate generated by Certificate Authority.

Where can I get self signed certificate 

So possibly the following PTC article could be helpful in your case. There is also info how to create the certificate but  also some background information:

• Configuring ThingWorx Platform to use SSL/TLS HTTPS with a Self-Signed Certificate

• Configuring ThingWorx Flow hostname (NGINX server) with CA-signed Certificate
  • Setting up ThingWorx and ThingWorx Flow for Windchill Two-Way SSL Connection (9.0 Only)
  • Example Configuration Using SSL for Secure Communications
  • Configuring an Experience Service to connect to a ThingWorx server using self-signed certificatesBecause I am not sure what if you have a PTC account to the article database , I will here paste the relevant info from   CS193947:

• Creating a Self-Signed Certificate and Keystore
    • There are two main tooling options for creating or modifying keystore files:
      • Java Keytool
        • Command Line only
        • Bundled with Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
        • Before starting with keytool ,ensure that the <JAVA_HOME>\bin directory is within the $PATH system environment variable
      • KeyStore Explorer
        • Full GUI
        • Third-Party and installed separately
        • Download KeyStore Explorer
          • Note: KeyStore Explorer is a third-party software and therefore not maintained or supported by PTC
    • Using Keytool
      1. Execute the following command from Command Prompt (Microsoft Windows) or Terminal (Linux):
        • keytool -genkeypair -keyalg RSA -alias <ThingWorx FQDN> -keystore keystore.pfx -ext SAN=dns:<ThingWorx FQDN> -validity <Validity Days> -storetype pkcs12
          • <ThingWorx FQDN>
            • Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the ThingWorx Platform
              • For example: myhost.domain.com
          • <Validity Days>
            • Number of days the certificate is valid for, typically 365 or 720
      2. Create a keystore password when prompted with Enter keystore password
      3. When prompted with What is your first and last name? enter the <ThingWorx FQDN> value from above
        • This will set the Common Name value for the certificate
      4. Proceed through the following additional metadata fields:
        • Organizational Unit
        • Organization
        • City or Locality
        • State or Province
        • Country Code (2 Letter format e.g. US)
        • Note: these fields are metadata for the certificate and do not have specific requirements for their values
      5. When prompted if the entered metadata is correct, confirm by entering yes or no
      6. A new keystore in PKCS #12 format will be created within the current directory named keystore.pfx
        • This keystore will contain an initial public/private keypair with an alias corresponding to the above command
    • Using KeyStore Explorer
      1. Open KeyStore Explorer and choose Create a new keystore
      2. Set PKCS#12 as the keystore type
      3. Select Tools > Generate Key Pair
      4. Leave the defaults on the Generate Key Pair dialog and select OK
      5. On the Generate Key Pair Certificate dialog select the Edit Name button (next to the Name column)
      6. In the Common Name (CN) field ensure that the ThingWorx Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) is entered
        • For example myhost.domain.com
      7. Enter additional metadata such as Organization, State Country etc. and select OK
      8. Back on the Generate Key Pair Certificate dialog select Add Extensions then choose the Add button
      9. In the Add Extension Type popup choose Subject Alternative Name and then the Add button
      10. Select DNS Name and then enter the ThingWorx FQDN as the General Name Value, select OK
        • Repeat this step for any alternative FQDNs that will be used to access ThingWorx Platform (e.g. thingworx.domain.com, thingworx-alt-name.domain.com)
      11. On the Generate Key Pair Certificate dialog set the Validity End (certificate expiration) as desired then choose OK to create the keypair and certificate
      12. Enter the ThingWorx FQDN next to Enter Alias and choose OK
      13. Choose the desired keypair password and enter it in the New Key Pair Entry Password dialog
        • Note this password value as it will be needed later on
      14. Save the keystore file and specifty a keystore password value in the Set KeyStore Password dialog, name the file keystore.pfx
        • This value can be the same as the keypair password value supplied in Step 11
        • If this value differs from the keypair password the certificateKeyPassword parameter will need to specified within the Apache Tomcat sever.xml at a later step
        • Note this password value as it will be needed later on
Top Tags