cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

columns in a repeater

aamberman
1-Newbie

columns in a repeater

hey folks!

I'm relatively new to Thingworx and have a use case where the UI should show a collection of like-templated things in a layout similar to a WrapPanel in WPF. So far I've established that a repeater widget can be used to dynamically display a single column of elements and have that populating properly, but am struggling to find a way to populate sets of columns in the repeater or any equivalent. I could probably get away with three columns to start so I can avoid fancy stuff related to responsive width, but that would be nice to have in the future.

any ideas on how to make this a reality?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Aaron,

The repeater uses a mashup, so it all depends on the layout of that mashup. You can have for example 3 value displays that accept 3 mashup parameters. You will be able to bind at the repeater side all the mashup parameters that are needed to the input infotable fields.

Yeah I'm just having some difficulty figuring out how to get the data where it needs to be on the child mashups, in addition to figuring out how to manage repeaters-in-repeaters to allow for a fully responsive experience... not even sure it's possible without some serious service magic. right now I'm not even using multiple columns for it, just one single column.

Top Tags