cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

descriptive analytics tutorial

AF_10333884
7-Bedrock

descriptive analytics tutorial

I'm trying to follow this tutorial

https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tips/Perform-Statistical-Calculations-with-Descriptive-Analytics-Part/ta-p/834663

I already did until I created the service to put the numbers into the timed values table. but my timed_values not updating. There was no data there. 

I also dont understand how below code could put the numbers I set in numbers into the timed_values table since the propertyname is "numbers" not me.numbers

me.timed_values = me.QueryTimedValuesForProperty({
     propertyName: "numbers",
     maxItems: 10,
     startTime: me.start_time,
     endTime: me.end_time
 });

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:AF_10333884)

Hi @AF_10333884 

Here are a few points to check:

- In Thing scts_thing > General Information, make sure you have a value stream set

- In Properties and Alerts, make sure your property is named numbers of type NUMBER and has the attribute Logged selected

- For start_time and end_time, do not use the value from the screenshot, you need to set some values that include the time when you set the numbers property.. So if you did that yesterday , set start_time to the beginning of the week and end_time to tomorrow.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:AF_10333884)

Hi @AF_10333884 

Here are a few points to check:

- In Thing scts_thing > General Information, make sure you have a value stream set

- In Properties and Alerts, make sure your property is named numbers of type NUMBER and has the attribute Logged selected

- For start_time and end_time, do not use the value from the screenshot, you need to set some values that include the time when you set the numbers property.. So if you did that yesterday , set start_time to the beginning of the week and end_time to tomorrow.

Top Tags