cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

docker container error-Error creating Administrator user

Shaohua
3-Visitor

docker container error-Error creating Administrator user

got the following error when running docker image with h2:

platform_1 | 2019-01-28 16:19:53.938+0000 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.p.p.PersistenceProvider] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Connection ThingworxPersistenceProvider, type H2PersistenceProviderPackage stopped
platform_1 | 2019-01-28 16:19:53.939+0000 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.p.p.PersistenceProvider] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Could not find persistenceProviderPackage H2PersistenceProviderPackage and thus could not stop data processing
platform_1 | java.lang.Exception: Unable to initialize and start system: Error creating Administrator user. See security log for details.
platform_1 | at com.thingworx.system.ThingWorxServer.loadModel(ThingWorxServer.java:625)
platform_1 | at com.thingworx.system.ThingWorxServer.doHA(ThingWorxServer.java:212)
platform_1 | at com.thingworx.system.ThingWorxBootstrapper.contextInitialized(ThingWorxBootstrapper.java:148)
platform_1 | at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4812)
platform_1 | at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5278)
platform_1 | at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
platform_1 | at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:754)
platform_1 | at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:730)
platform_1 | at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)
platform_1 | at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1140)
platform_1 | at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDirectory.run(HostConfig.java:1875)
platform_1 | at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
platform_1 | at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
platform_1 | at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
platform_1 | at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
platform_1 | at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
platform_1 | 2019-01-28 16:19:53.951+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxBootstrapper] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] [message: Unable to initialize and start system: Error creating Administrator user. See security log for details.]
platform_1 | 2019-01-28 16:19:53.951+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxBootstrapper] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] *** CRITICAL ERROR ON STARTUP: Unable to initialize and start system: Error creating Administrator user. See security log for details.
platform_1 | 2019-01-28 16:19:53.951+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxBootstrapper] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] *** Web Application STATE is being set to ERROR! ***
platform_1 | 28-Jan-2019 16:19:55.572 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deployment of web application directory [/opt/apache-tomcat/webapps/Thingworx] has finished in [8,882] ms
platform_1 | 28-Jan-2019 16:19:55.579 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8080"]
platform_1 | 28-Jan-2019 16:19:55.585 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 8932 ms
platform_1 | 2019-01-28 16:20:01.378+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.a.AuthenticationFilter] [I: ] [U: ] [S: ] [T: http-nio-8080-exec-1] Could not handle request

platform_1 | 2019-01-28 16:20:16.624+0000 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.a.AuthenticationFilter] [I: ] [U: ] [S: ] [T: http-nio-8080-exec-2] Could not handle request

I had everything as default. don't recall ever setting anything related to the admin.

I am on windows 10. took some efforts to get the image built (under wsl). other configs:

JAVA_VERSION=8u192
TOMCAT_VERSION=8.5.37

PLATFORM_VERSION=8.3.3-b937

6 REPLIES 6
tkawasaki
15-Moonstone
(To:Shaohua)

Does your platform-setting.json contain following information?

{
"PlatformSettingsConfig": {
"AdministratorUserSettings": {
"InitialPassword": "your-temporary-password"
}
}
}

yes.

"AdministratorUserSettings": {
"InitialPassword": "trUf6yuz2?_Gub"
},

it's from the download. did not modify anything.

Shaohua
3-Visitor

just tried two alternatives:

a. change the pw value to "";

b. remove the admin section entirely

neither approach works.

tkawasaki
15-Moonstone

@Shaohua 

I spotted " Error creating Administrator user" in your error outputs and that's why I asked about Admin initial setting in  the json file.

Have you added ThingworxPlatform location to docker-compose-h2.yml?

If you don't  have following sort of statement in that file, docker can't know the location of platform-settings.json

=================================================
    volumes:
      - "./thingworx-h2-storage/ThingworxPlatform:/ThingworxPlatform"
      - "./thingworx-h2-storage/ThingworxStorage:/ThingworxStorage"
      - "./thingworx-h2-storage/ThingworxBackupStorage:/ThingworxBackupStorage"
      - "./thingworx-h2-storage/tomcat-logs:/opt/apache-tomcat/logs"

=================================================

thanks.

I am not sure if mounting a dir is needed. I checked the dockerfiles and in the base dir there is a cmd that copies the whole "stage" folder to "/tmp", which indicate to me that the thingworx should have access to the file. I'll give it a try in any case, once I figure out the values for the command.

sm

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Shaohua.

If a solution was provided for your problem in one of the previous responses, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.  If you found a different solution, please feel free to post it and mark that as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags