cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

download setup files

mikefinch87
10-Marble

download setup files

I am trying to script the setup of a postgress persistance provider server. Is there a way to get the download URLs so that they can be downloaded with curl?  Specifically  MED-61111-CD-085_SP3_ThingWorx-Platform-Postgres-8-5-3.zip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Mike,

You can get the URL for your download from the ThingWorx Platform downloads page on the PTC Support Portal. I then took this URL from the browser via Copy Download Link (Firefox) and used it on my Linux instance with wget. This does not require authentication. As such you could do something like the following:

wget --no-check-certificate <URL>

Regards,

Tyler Misner

ThingWorx Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello Mike,

You can get the URL for your download from the ThingWorx Platform downloads page on the PTC Support Portal. I then took this URL from the browser via Copy Download Link (Firefox) and used it on my Linux instance with wget. This does not require authentication. As such you could do something like the following:

wget --no-check-certificate <URL>

Regards,

Tyler Misner

I don't see a download link, it looks like it posts to a form:

function onclick(event) {
this.form.filepath.value = 'TWX/MED-61111-CD-085_SP3_ThingWorx-Platform-Postgres-8-5-3.zip';
this.form.dlm.value = 'no';
}

Hello Mike,

To get my download link in Firefox I start the download for the version that I want and then proceed to right click the file as it is downloading. There is a menu option for Copy Download Link which will provide the full URL. This also works in Chrome which displays the URL in full if you are on the Downloads page.

tmisner_0-1581366741690.png

tmisner_1-1581366878262.png

Regards,

Tyler Misner

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:mikefinch87)

Hi @mikefinch87.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags