cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is logout button asking for credentials for logging out?

Why is logout button asking for credentials for logging out?

When I click on logout button present in my mashup it always prompts for credentials ,after entering the credentials it logs out.

28 REPLIES 28

Re: Why is logout button asking for credentials for logging out?

Maybe you have a Autorefresh widget which it's triggering a petition to the server while you where logging out?

Arti, are you using the Logout Button widget from the Marketplace or is it a custom widget? It seems to terminate the session and reload the page before it actually takes you to the logout screen.

I have the same problem,

I am not using logout button, but I have a menu item which should logout.

I have created a Organization and I am using a FormLogin to access the mashups. When I click logout from menu It asks for credentials, but i does not log me out.

Hi Tomas,

But without Logout button, how do you call TW logout services?

Carles.

It is a part of Menu definition (how does it work on backend i honestly dont know).

But it behaves in the same manner as the logout button. (buggy I mean)

I didn't know it existed, as a menu option a mean, we are on 6.5 and there isn't this option, I can't help there.

I did not know that either. Found it few minutes ago, regardless it does not what it should.

Do you know how to achieve same functionality with traditional methods?

I wanted to create a simple mashup which would contain logout button, but I dont know how to "click it" upon mashup loaded event.

Btw. what is the url to logout service? Does this service redirect to FormLogin page?

Tomas

Hi Tomas,

Download this extension to have a Logout button: http://marketplace.thingworx.com/Items/logout-button

There isn't any URL to call to do the Logout.

With this Logout Button, you can define the URL you want to be redirected once logout ( For instance the FormLogin page ).

Best Regards,

Carles.

Announcements

Thingworx Navigate content has a new home! Click here to access the new Thingworx Navigate forum! ______________________________