cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

how to apply state formatting to label chart or any other chart??

RM12
13-Aquamarine

how to apply state formatting to label chart or any other chart??

Hello,

I want to apply below state formatting to label chart .Please suggest how do I apply state formatting??? and please refer below attachment 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
c_lowy
16-Pearl
(To:RM12)

Thanks for providing some details on your use case.

There is no out-of-the-box functionality in ThingWorx to display colored areas in the background depending on the value of the Y Axis. However, you can apply state-formatting to Label Charts using the Markers ChartType (or Line/Markers, Area/Markers) as shown in the attached screenshot Markers_StateFormatting.jpg.

You could possibly dedicate a certain number of series (= number of colors you want to display) displayed as Areas and then add a Line type series on top as shown in attached screenshot Areas+Line.jpg. This is not what the widget's multi-series functionality is originally intended for and this does involve the creation of Chart data especially for the formatting so I will let you decide if this is something worth implementing.

Another "cleaner" possibility would be to create a custom widget for this : Creating Customized ThingWorx Widgets.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
c_lowy
16-Pearl

Hi @RM12,

Please find attached some entities that can be imported into ThingWorx 8.5 or later and that contain a Mashup with a Label Chart using State-Formatting. At runtime you will see that all values below 5 are displayed in green and all above 5 in red.

RM12
13-Aquamarine
(To:c_lowy)

Thanks for your reply ,at runtime I will display my  data with multiple colors .I want to display legends as well in dashboard, I have one property name as "Heart Rate"  according to heart rate show legends as below condition :

1) less than or equals to 90 --Blue color

2) greater than 90 or less than 110 --green color

3) greater than 110 or less than 120  -- Yellow

4) greater than 120 --Red 

please refer the below attachments and suggest how to display legends according to above condition ???

c_lowy
16-Pearl

Thanks for providing some details on your use case.

There is no out-of-the-box functionality in ThingWorx to display colored areas in the background depending on the value of the Y Axis. However, you can apply state-formatting to Label Charts using the Markers ChartType (or Line/Markers, Area/Markers) as shown in the attached screenshot Markers_StateFormatting.jpg.

You could possibly dedicate a certain number of series (= number of colors you want to display) displayed as Areas and then add a Line type series on top as shown in attached screenshot Areas+Line.jpg. This is not what the widget's multi-series functionality is originally intended for and this does involve the creation of Chart data especially for the formatting so I will let you decide if this is something worth implementing.

Another "cleaner" possibility would be to create a custom widget for this : Creating Customized ThingWorx Widgets.

tdixit
13-Aquamarine
(To:c_lowy)

Hi @RM12 

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

Top Tags