cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

how to create customized tooltip

AA_10034462
5-Regular Member

how to create customized tooltip

Hi team,

I want to change the default tooltip format on the Line chart. We have a requirement where we are using the Line chart as a step chart on Thingworx 9.3 version. The default tooltip is "Wed Mar 02 2022 02:59:16 GMT +0530(India Standard Time), Signal:1", which I want to change to "2022-03-03 02:59:16, Signal:1". I came across the Localization tables in TW where you can customize the tooltip. By following this link https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Mashup_Builder/...

I created a new token, now I am getting "Signal:1" on the tooltip, but I am not able to understand how I can customize the Timestamp. The default token is "${label}, ${series}: ${value}".

Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AA_10034462)

Hi @AA_10034462.

Which version of ThingWorx are you running?  There was a fix for this in 9.3.4 to force the label component to show whatever the x-axis shows in the chart.  There is no custom formatting available for this.

Note:  the latest release is 9.3.5 which also contains the fix.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags