cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

how to generate alert on the values of combination of 2 prperties of a thing i.e if value of property A =5 and value of B=10 then an alert is generated(only if both conditions are satisfied.).

psaxena
1-Newbie

how to generate alert on the values of combination of 2 prperties of a thing i.e if value of property A =5 and value of B=10 then an alert is generated(only if both conditions are satisfied.).

suppose a thing has 2 properties a and b. Now i want to generate an alert when a=5 and b=10(if both conditions fulfill  then only alert is generated)

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Saxena,

You can achieve a similar functionality using the DataChange event for those properties, then after verifying if you condition is met trigger some custom logic (like writing to the log or in a stream). You can't however trigger an entry in the AlertLog.

However, coming back to your question, at this moment this is not a supported functionality in ThingWorx - having an alert depending on more than one property, and with a more complex logic. I would suggest sending a ticket for enhancement request through the support.ptc.com portal.

Vladi

qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:psaxena)

On the DataChange event of property A, you can check if propertyA == 5 && propertyB == 10 before generate an alert. And the same check for the DataChange event of property B.

Top Tags