cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

how to generate alert on the values of combination of 2 prperties of a thing i.e if value of property A =5 and value of B=10 then an alert is generated(only if both conditions are satisfied.).

psaxena
1-Newbie

how to generate alert on the values of combination of 2 prperties of a thing i.e if value of property A =5 and value of B=10 then an alert is generated(only if both conditions are satisfied.).

suppose a thing has 2 properties a and b. Now i want to generate an alert when a=5 and b=10(if both conditions fulfill  then only alert is generated)

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Saxena,

You can achieve a similar functionality using the DataChange event for those properties, then after verifying if you condition is met trigger some custom logic (like writing to the log or in a stream). You can't however trigger an entry in the AlertLog.

However, coming back to your question, at this moment this is not a supported functionality in ThingWorx - having an alert depending on more than one property, and with a more complex logic. I would suggest sending a ticket for enhancement request through the support.ptc.com portal.

Vladi

qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:psaxena)

On the DataChange event of property A, you can check if propertyA == 5 && propertyB == 10 before generate an alert. And the same check for the DataChange event of property B.

Top Tags