cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

how to get id part from windchill through thingworx

leonardosella
12-Amethyst

how to get id part from windchill through thingworx

Goodmorning everyone, the setup of the AR experience I'm working on is based on a license that includes Thingworx, ptc navigate and windchill. All working and connected to Vuforia.  I need to build an application that produces the following actions:

1. load a pvz model;

2. Once I have clicked on a component in the model, I must be able to trace the code of the clicked component Regarding point 2 it is not clear to me how to interact with Thingworx, so as to go back to:

- production order

- assembly code

- part code passing through Windchill.

Anyone have any ideas on how to setup the project in Thingworx?

1 REPLY 1

I have been asked to discuss how Navigate might help in your situation. Navigate is a set of OOTB search apps that can query Windchill. The queries search on part number and part name, and return attributes. So you would already know either the part number or part name to begin a query. The query submitted to Windchill by Navigate asks for a set of attributes. If the desired information is listed in the Windchill database as an attribute, then you might be able to get it returned in the dataset provided by Windchill. If it is not an attribute, Navigate cannot be used OOTB to find that information. There are also some specialized attributes in Windchill (soft attributes or dynamic attributes) that will not be included in the response to a Navigate query. 

Customizations in ThingWorx to create services that might submit custom queries to Windchill are not supported by the Navigate team. There may be other PTC teams that could address that such as the ThingWorx team, or PTC Field Services.

Top Tags