cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

how to make text field multiline

VK_10159720
8-Gravel

how to make text field multiline

Hi developers,

I have a PTC Textfield widget binded to a datasource which usually has a big name but i have limited space on mashup.

I need to make it multiline but its not giving an option in properties.

On clicking wrap, its still not taking data in next row. Please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @VK_10159720 ,

Kindly take this mashup entity backup before updating the below given suggestions.

Using Cut & Paste option in  Design Time, we can able to arrange the order of widgets. After the Textarea widget in placed in last then Cut the another 3 textboxes by CTRL + Select the required widgets.

Arun_C_0-1694806206371.png

Without saving the mashup immediately please Paste the widgets in the same/required container.

Also you can select the each widgets to Drag & Drop it to the required place in same container.

Arun_C_1-1694806468530.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

HI @VK_10159720 ,

Have you tried with PTC TextArea - Widget for multi-line text in a mashup.

Arun_C_0-1694698363574.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

Hi @Arun_C ,

thanks for your response.

Yes, i am aware of Text Area. Issue is that in the mashup which i am using, it is a responsive mashup and in one container it has already four other textfield.

The Textfield which is causing issue is the first one in container, if i try to remove and add new TextArea then that TextArea comes in the last of container and not in the first.

Please suggest

Hi @VK_10159720 ,

Kindly take this mashup entity backup before updating the below given suggestions.

Using Cut & Paste option in  Design Time, we can able to arrange the order of widgets. After the Textarea widget in placed in last then Cut the another 3 textboxes by CTRL + Select the required widgets.

Arun_C_0-1694806206371.png

Without saving the mashup immediately please Paste the widgets in the same/required container.

Also you can select the each widgets to Drag & Drop it to the required place in same container.

Arun_C_1-1694806468530.png

Thanks & Regards,

Arun C

Thanks @Arun_C. This helped.

Top Tags