cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

missing property bindings on remote thing - Kepware

pmillar
1-Newbie

missing property bindings on remote thing - Kepware

I am new to Thingworx but have managed to set up a remote thing that connects to kepware and is displaying values from kepware for two property bindings.  I set this up last week.  I have just connected a number of devices to kepware and have tried to display all the kepware tags in Thingworx managed property bindings but only a handful of the tags I have in kepware are displaying.  Can someone tell me why the 50 tags are not displaying in thingworx.

3 REPLIES 3

Greetings Peter,

It has been a couple of weeks since you originally posted this message-- apologies for the delay in responding. I can see you created a pre-sales Support ticket with Jason Ye from Kepware for this same issue, and were able to get this resolved by working with him. I am submitting Jason's explanation as an answer to this original question:

"Per our settings, an initial update of all tags will be sent to ThingWorx endpoint, while if the Agent name is changed and/or the endpoint is changed, only buffered and new data is sent. This may lead to tags not appearing under the Manage Binding section, as you observed.

Here there are two approaches for your reference:

1. simply re-initialize KEPServerEX so as to cause an initial update of all tags, which will then be sent to ThingWorx;

2. enable 'Send every scan' in tag option so the data will be forced to send to ThingWorx."

It seems the re-initialize of KEPServerEX refreshed the tag database populated in the ThingWorx browse, and you could then see the rest of the missing tags. Please let us know if you are still having trouble with this, or if anything else comes up!

Best regards,

Steven M

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately jason suggestion did not resolve my problem.  I am not sure what the real problem is here. Certainly if I create a kepware project with only one point in it then I can see the data immediately in kepware, but thingworx still cannot connect to it, nor see it.  Even though thingworx can see the same device system points, its the other OID which are much further down the mib that seem to be causing problems.

Hi Peter,

Okay, thank you for explaining. I am trying to get a sense of the steps you're following, and whether your problem is not being able to connect KEPServerEX with ThingWorx, not being able to browse new items from ThingWorx when they're added to KEPServerEX, or if it's a matter of getting data updates through those tags/items.

In the first example, if you create a new project in KEPServerEX, with one Channel, Device, and Tag, do you find you are unable to connect with ThingWorx at all? Or simply that this new point is not appearing when you are using the BrowseItems service in ThingWorx?

In your second example, it sounds like you are importing a new MIB into a Device in KEPServerEX. You can see the expected SNMP addresses in the Device, but cannot browse to them in ThingWorx (again, using the BrowseItems service). Is that correct?

For both of these scenarios, does the BrowseItems service return all of the tags after you Reinitialize KEPServerEX? (To do this, right-click on the Administration tool-- the green EX icon in the Systray by the system clock-- select Reinitialize).

Best regards,

Steven M

Top Tags