cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

multiple selection from dropdown

RockLala
11-Garnet

multiple selection from dropdown

Hi Everyone,

I am some what new in thingworx., right now i am using thingowrx 8.4 version. i want to complete one task where i need select multiple Item from an dropdown list and pass all selected item to an services and base on selected item need to fetch some other details from database table. 

Till the time I can able to select multiple item by enabling  multi-selected property of dropdown , but i don't know how i can pass it to an services, do i need to created datashape ? if yes then what should be there filed ?

is there any other option to complete this work ? 

Thanks in advance,

5 REPLIES 5
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:RockLala)

You  need a custom service that will consume infotable input with an appropriate datashape. Then you can bind selected rows to feed  to that service.

thanks for your kind replay yes correct i did the same let me explain you what all the activity i did. 1. first of all on mashup load i call one services who's output binded to combobox. 2. Then for the same service selected row data bind as input to custom services which take infotable as input 3. And then i simply returning same infotable and bind it to another combobox, still it is not working I also share snap shot of custom service Thanks.

Thanks for your kind replay.

yes correct i did the same let me explain you what all the activity i did.

1. first of all on mashup load i call one services who's output binded to combobox.

2. Then for the same service selected row data bind as input to custom services which take infotable as input

3. And then i simply returning same infotable and bind it to another combobox, still it is not working

I also share snap shot of custom service

Thanks.

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:RockLala)

Does the service work when you test it through the Composer directly (via "execute"/test button)? Does it send any output to a different widget, say, grid?

think for your kind reply.

yes. because when i am testing that services and if i am not passing any data as input  of service it  does not provide any output  which is correct one. and in case if i pass some data as input to that datashape i am getting same as output. 

But, what i  am thinking is as am manually passing data so it is giving same output but on same time while i am binding selected row data to as a input to the services it is not giving actual output so, problem might be in binding. could you please help me on that. 

please refer below screenshot 

Top Tags