cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening a popup window on hyperlink click event within a grid in thingworxs

ng1

opening a popup window on hyperlink click event within a grid in thingworxs

I have formatted a gird column to an html text like example

<div align="center" style="margin-right:10px; float:left; width:25px;height:25px;border:1px solid #000;">'+ '<a target="_blank" align="center" href="http://google.com">' + 15 + '</a>' +'</div>'

This shows a box in which there is a hyperlinked number, on click of that number it opens a google window in new window tab.

I would like to open a popup window within which i show a mashup(similar to navigation widget).

Is it possible???

10 REPLIES 10

Re: opening a popup window on hyperlink click event within a grid in thingworxs

If you know the context of the selection in your grid, then you can trigger Navigate on a Nav widget and get the pop-up effect. (Use selected row to set the link on the Nav widget)

It is possible. same as Pai Chung said, I gave selected row "vending position" as input parameter to nav widget.1.png2.png

I have two columns having a hyperlink, i need to open a pop up window similar to navigation widget depending on which column is clicked.

I don't need a selected row event, i need to use the column click event. How is it possible?

Agreed...!!!!!!!

But one of my column is a look a like of hyperlink. on click of hyperlink only(not row, its just the hyperlinked column) I need to launch a navigation widget window.

if I use the in built, hyperlink option, it will not allow me to navigate to internal mashup's on a popup, it will always open in a new tab or replace the self.

For Example, if you look at the screen shot

there are three boxes. I need to select that hyperlink to open a navigation widget popup screen..

May be I am wrong but I don't think it's possible, refer to this thread : Grid Actions

If you see the screen shot its a grid from thingworx itself, the last column I have framed a HTML and bound to the column data. When I configure that column I am using HTML to render that data. So we can see those hyperlinks in three boxes.

<div><a href="#mashup="xyz" target="_blank">111</a><div>

So when we click on 111 hyperlink, this xyz mashup will open in a new window  tab because of target setting.

So to open in a pop up window, I thought I could write a javascript function for onclick of anchor tags. but ubfortunately, it isn't supporting java scripting within HTML.

Any idea>?

Could you please guide me , what are the changes should I do To get the selected value of  the grid in the popup..as shoen in the figure?

Highlighted

Hello, I am having the same issue. Any link on how to do this ? 

Announcements

Thingworx Navigate content has a new home! Click here to access the new Thingworx Navigate forum! ______________________________