cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

"Error Executing Event Handler" on subscription

KritikaS
4-Participant

"Error Executing Event Handler" on subscription

Hello Everyone,

I have a subscription in my environment which is triggered when a DataChange event occurs. After subscription is triggered we are observing below error related to Event Handler in Application logs.

"Error Executing Event Handler <SubscriptionName> for event Type.Thing:Entity.<ThingName>:Event.DataChange:Property.<PropertyName>".

Referring to article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS336296, I have tried executing the below services from the thing's services, but service EnableSubscription is giving error in execution :

• EnableThing
  • RestartThing
  • EnableAllAlerts
  • EnableSubscription

Can anyone help with this?

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:KritikaS)

Are you sure this is not an error in the code that the subscription runs?

If you ran the code in a regular service do you get any errors?

KritikaS
4-Participant
(To:PaiChung)

Hello @PaiChung thank you for your response.

I tried executing the code in a service and actually the UpdateDataTableEntries was giving error in execution for some values.

Now the issue is resolved for me.

Hello @KritikaS Could you please share more details regarding the resolution as you mentioned earlier error.
I'm also facing the same error currently; I hope you will assist me to resolve the error.

Thank you,
Rushikesh Shrimal

Kritika_Singh
5-Regular Member
(To:S_Rushikesh)

Hello, @S_Rushikesh  I observed this error because my subscription code was giving an error on a particular input set.

I created a regular service from the subscription code. While executing the service for different set of inputs, I observed that  the UpdateDataTableEntries service used internally in my code was not updating the data table and was throwing an error on execution. 

Top Tags