cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

setting a property value upon clicking of buttons

muzzammil
11-Garnet

setting a property value upon clicking of buttons

I have around 14 buttons with each button having different values. Upon clicking on any of the 14 buttons, i wish to set a property value. Normally, here i'm having to call 14 setProperty services of a thing. But, i wish to simplify the process. Any suggestions??

7 REPLIES 7

So you just have 1 property but you have 14 values (also buttons) for option, when you press 1 button, the property will be assigned the value it represents?

You could use Radio Button or something like a 14 rows List widget, and assign the selected value to the property

@zyuan1 Can you elaborate your sayings??

You can drag a Radio Button widget (in latest version it's called Button Bar widget), they are quite self-explanatory.

@zyuan1  Actually, the scenario here is: i have a mashup with multiple value display widgets across different portions of the mashup and these value display widgets display different property values of a thing representing a 'zone' of an industry. For now, the method is being like, upon clicking of a value display widget, i'm passing the property name to a service which  returns me that corresponding property's values across multiple sections of that zone in the form of an infotable. Here, the issue is: since there are 43 properties in that zone, i'm having to use 43 'SetProperties' mashup services to set a property named 'Prop_Name' with the clicked property name under a trial thing. But, for optimization, i wish to use a single 'SetProperties' service and wish to have some intermediate service which intakes all the 43 property names of that zone, and returns a single output which represents the clicked property name of that zone.

so, kindly help me on this

The description is quite complex and I'm not sure if I get it right.  If you have 43 properties in one thing that describes the Zone, you don't you put all data into an infotable property?  If you have 43 widgets like valuedisplay in the same mashup, you can create a 43 row infotable, first column contains propertyName, second column contains value, if you select the property, you can get the related name?

Hi @muzzammil 

I found a New widget introduced in TWX 8.4 that might help, it can accept multiple input and only one output, it's called EventsRouter . 

The Events Router Widget allows a user to bind multiple sources to one target, and each time a source is updated, the output is updated accordingly.

Top Tags