cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

unable to find the ThingworxPostgresDBSetup and related shell script in the downloaded zip file

nareshkrish
4-Participant

unable to find the ThingworxPostgresDBSetup and related shell script in the downloaded zip file

Hi Guys

I am finding it difficult to find the ThingworxPostgresDBSetup.sh script and other related postgress platform scripts in order to connect my thingworx instance with an RDS setup.

in the Thingworx Foundation downloads zip i cannot find any folder that has the SQL and .sh script files. I may be looking at the wrong place for the scripts. Could someone point to me the location of these scripts in the new 8.2 release Thingworx foundation zip file.

The file I downloaded has this name:

Thingworx-Foundation-8-2-1.zip

Regards

Naresh K

8 REPLIES 8
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:nareshkrish)

@nareshkrish Could you please provide the URL or location from where have you downloaded the zip file ?

-Durgesh

nareshkrish
4-Participant
(To:dupatel)

Hi Durgesh,

I downloaded the Thingworx Foundation package from this url:

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/downloads

There once you click on the "download" button "Get Started Now:" section of the page, it initiates the download

cdovholuk
6-Contributor

When you unzip the foundation file you'll see the ThingWorx platform contained therein is using the internal database (h2) and not an external database. You won't find any shell script to update/create the database in there.

nareshkrish
4-Participant
(To:cdovholuk)

Hi,

So which package should I be downloading in order to find the postgres db scripts ( to connect with my AWS RDS instance )

Could you share the URL from where I can download the correct Thingworx platform resources

Thanks,

Regards

Naresh K

posipova
20-Turquoise

Please follow this guide to install the Foundation Trial Edition: 

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/thingworx-foundation-installation-troubleshooting-guide

As mentioned above, the trial distribution would be bundled with H2 persistence provider, not the Postgres.

jebeck
6-Contributor

Naresh,

The downloadable trials found on the Developer Portal all use the H2 database.  They do not use Postgres.

Follow the installation instructions found here.  This installation guide will walk you through how to install using the H2 db.

Jeff

nareshkrish
4-Participant
(To:jebeck)

hi,

Thanks for the pointer.

We do have a customer account here with Thingworx and we wanted to know where we can download our licensed software bundle. Because clicking on downloads after logging in with my customer account only redirects me to the 120 trial bundle page

Thanks,

Regards

Naresh K

nareshkrish
4-Participant
(To:jebeck)

Hi 

So here is my request. 

My team here is looking at installing the licensed version of the Thingworx foundation server. Our requirement is to connect to the AWS RDS instance instead of using the internal H2 database

We want to know where should we download the licensed version of the thingworx forundation server components which will also provide the script for connetcing the server with RDS instance

We want to run thingworx 8.2 

Regards

Naresh K

Top Tags