cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

visualize streaming realtime data in thingworx using timeseries chart

sanil
4-Participant

visualize streaming realtime data in thingworx using timeseries chart

Am getting data from kepware to thingworx and storing it in the value stream. Now my requirement is to display this data in a timeseries chart and when new data comes in the new data should get appended to the chart and it should look like a continuous(real time) chart.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:ruslan1979)

When you do F12 in our browser the developer tool comes up if you set that to Network, then you will see everything your webpage (mashup) is doing.

This will let you see the Service calls as they happen and if they are firing once a second and how long the service takes to complete.

If that service (retrieval of data to be rendered) takes over 1 second, you'll never be able to run at a 1 second refresh rate.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sanil)

On the mashup you can pull the values by using the QueryPropertyHistoryValues (or similar QueryPropertyHistory services) on the Entity (or Entity Template and dynamically binding the Entity itself)

Then drop the All Data that is returned on a Time Series chart.

Configuration of the Chart should be optional.

After that make sure the Service is called on mashup load, but also by a refresh widget so you get the running chart.

ruslan1979
4-Participant
(To:PaiChung)

Hello. I have got a similar task like @sanil one.

So I did the same like you recommended.

Now I have got a strange issue. I push data into Thingworx every 1 second. Timeseries chart renders only every 6-10 seconds showing collected data for the period, despite I dropped autorefresh widget and set a refresh interval of 1 sec.

Is it any way to force timeseries to render data every second? 

Thank you.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Check with the Developer Tool in runtime.

Are you seeing the call trigger once a second?

If so then probably the system can't keep up with your rate of refresh. i.e. it just takes 5 seconds for the data to be fetched and visualized.

ruslan1979
4-Participant

Hi @PaiChung . Thank you very much for your quick response. I appreciate it

Are you seeing the call trigger once a second?

I see that data is pushed to Thingworx every second and autorefresh widget is set to 1 sec refresh interval. At first I thought that the issue is inside my ValueStream.

Finally I assumed that the root was in the chart itself. 

it just takes 5 seconds for the data to be fetched and visualized.

Maybe is there another chart widget refreshing data every second? Or I should customize the TimeSeries chart widget?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

When you do F12 in our browser the developer tool comes up if you set that to Network, then you will see everything your webpage (mashup) is doing.

This will let you see the Service calls as they happen and if they are firing once a second and how long the service takes to complete.

If that service (retrieval of data to be rendered) takes over 1 second, you'll never be able to run at a 1 second refresh rate.

ruslan1979
4-Participant

Thanks for the hint. I realized that timeseries chart displays data as QueryNamedPropertyHistory fetches it and the chart is refreshed every second without any delays.

My case is linked with QueryNamedPropertyHistory service performance.

Top Tags