cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

what is the env key for ScriptTimeout in the thingworx docker yaml file ?

QZ_ASGRA
7-Bedrock

what is the env key for ScriptTimeout in the thingworx docker yaml file ?

from the thingworx docker build, the scripttimeout was set to 30 in the generated platform-settings.json. I had combed through all references and "full" list I could find, but none of them mentioned the env key name for scripttimeout. I had done a blind test with "SCRIPTTIMEOUT=1220" in the docker compose yaml file, but it didn't work, just got ignored.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That's the same issue I hit as well some time ago.

There is no programmable key for the script timeout as of now, but you can use the override capability of docker.

(continuing this idea, if this enhancement request to our docker files is critical for you, please raise a Tech Support ticket)
Create an override file and put the following in your docker-compose.override.yml file:

version: '2.3'

services:
platform:
environment:
- SCRIPT_TIMEOUT=<timeout_in_seconds>

Note that I'm not sure about the exact syntax (meaning if you need to add only that line or the whole environment section), but you can find these answers in here https://docs.docker.com/compose/extends/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

That's the same issue I hit as well some time ago.

There is no programmable key for the script timeout as of now, but you can use the override capability of docker.

(continuing this idea, if this enhancement request to our docker files is critical for you, please raise a Tech Support ticket)
Create an override file and put the following in your docker-compose.override.yml file:

version: '2.3'

services:
platform:
environment:
- SCRIPT_TIMEOUT=<timeout_in_seconds>

Note that I'm not sure about the exact syntax (meaning if you need to add only that line or the whole environment section), but you can find these answers in here https://docs.docker.com/compose/extends/

@QZ_ASGRA 

For the benefit of others, may I kindly ask you if you needed to perform any modifications from my suggestion above in order to make it work?

I'm specifically not sure if it's only the variable that needs to be added or something else as well.

right after I knew there was no env key for scripttimeout, I made a small change to the deploy_entrypoint.sh , and then I could tweak the platform-setting.json file .

QZ_ASGRA_0-1653611801387.png

QZ_ASGRA_1-1653611864894.png

Top Tags