cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

what's different between SDKgateway and Industrial Gateway (template)

XC_10035215
4-Participant

what's different between SDKgateway and Industrial Gateway (template)

Hi:

I was look into the Thingworx edge java SDK , it mention , the client can set a type of SDK gateway ; but in the Composer I will see Industrial gateway template ,which be use to connect a Kepware server .

Are they the same concept ? or the Industrial gateway was a subclass of SDK gateway ; then is it possible to implement a custom Industrial gateway directly? thanks a lot

2 REPLIES 2

@XC_10035215 

SDKGateway and IndustrialGateway templates both are different, the former is a template for a thing that represents an SDK functioning as a gateway and the latter is a gateway used for Industrial Connectivity Servers like Kepware. Both the templates are provided OOTB,

SachinSharma_2-1639480761256.png

SachinSharma_1-1639480733747.png

Regards,

Sachin Sharma

@SachinSharma , 

Further question,  in what kind of case I should use SDKGateway ? 

When creating a edge application using the Java Edge SDK,  I can bind the client to a remote thing in ThingWorx platform.  I can also specify a SDKGateway for the client.    But what's the difference between use and NOT use gateway ?   

Regards,

Sean

Top Tags