cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to enable both TLS1.2 and TLS1.3 in Windchill with Windchill Authentication

hno
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

How to enable both TLS1.2 and TLS1.3 in Windchill with Windchill Authentication

hello.

When applying Windchill Authentication in Thingworx Navigate,
Windchill's TLS version needs to be set to 1.2 for the Odata Connector and Swagger Connector to function.

However, Windchill interfaces with other systems where only allowing TLS1.2 is not feasible. Is there a way to allow both TLS1.2 and TLS1.3 in Apache HTTP Server and ensure Thingworx Navigate's connectors also work?

I tried the following configuration, but it resulted in a handshake error on the Apache server.

SSLProtocol -all +TLSv1.2 +TLSv1.3
SSLProxyProtocol -all +TLSv1.2 +TLSv1.3

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:hno)

hno
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirN)

Thank you for your reply.

The guide in the link instructs to configure Windchill with TLS 1.2. In my Windchill environment,

setting it to TLS 1.2 works fine.

However, since Windchill connects to other systems using TLS 1.3, I cannot set it to TLS 1.2 only.

hno_0-1715583229279.png

Hello @hno

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped you solve your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. Or if you found a solution, please document it in this topic and mark it as accepted solution.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags