cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

"View Document" task displays the error "Unable to Invoke Service GetDocument on DocumentAccessAppThing: Configuration error, target not includes base URL "

halonso
4-Participant

"View Document" task displays the error "Unable to Invoke Service GetDocument on DocumentAccessAppThing: Configuration error, target not includes base URL "

Hi everyone,

I've been having issues with the OOTB task "View Document". Whenever I try to open a document I get the following Status Message:

"Unable to Invoke Service GetDocument on DocumentAccessAppThing : Configuration error, target not includes base URL: https://[myserver]/Windchill/servlet/WindchillAuthGW/com.ptc.wvs.server.ui.UIHelper/getPartStructureED?partid=OR%3Awt.doc.WTDocument%3A228052&ncCacheCookieType=ViewablesWS&visnav=1&navcriteriaid=320326141991536014&ncCacheHostName=aa7282b2-3085-4016-bba5-efae6d75b68b&levels=-1&ncCacheSessionId=05bdfe..."

Also a bunch of widgets are broken as well as shown in the following image.

I tried to trace the Service that is causing this error, but can't find any "configuration" or property to solve what the Status message states. Has anybody else had an issue like mine?? Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

TWX 8.0.1

Navigate 1.5.1

Windchill 11.0 M030

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
halonso
4-Participant
(To:jdass)

I realized my $filter string was wrong and that's why it didn't worked when executing the service. Now I got the URL from twodthumbnail and changed the Base URL as suggested in the case. "View Document" is now working as expected, thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jdass
12-Amethyst
(To:halonso)

Hugo,

Did you already try the resolution given in this article?

Article Viewer | PTC

halonso
4-Participant

Tried that, but now I got the following error on the execution of said service.

halonso
4-Participant

I realized my $filter string was wrong and that's why it didn't worked when executing the service. Now I got the URL from twodthumbnail and changed the Base URL as suggested in the case. "View Document" is now working as expected, thanks for your help.

Top Tags