cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Annotation colors

JENEI
1-Newbie

Annotation colors

I'm currently testing Chalk, and have tried to change the color while doing the different annotations.

I would like to do ex. red X on a button that you should NOT push, and then make the one to touch green, but it seems like all my annotations change color, whenever I change color.

Is there a setting I have over looked, or can you only use one color pr. user, per session?

2 REPLIES 2
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:JENEI)

hi @JENEI 

At this time, you can only use 1 color per user. I will report this use case back to our Product team for consideration in future releases.

mwodarz_INNEO
14-Alexandrite
(To:tmccombie)

Some customers and testers wish multiple colors for annotations. I guess it could be useful - but - the color selections have to split and defined to the session users. Otherwise the users could get confused to see, who've drawn the annotations. Maybe it would be more useful to use pre-defined symbols like a green check mark or a red stopp sign instead of drawing these symbols in different colors. Or maybe user 1 get access to 3 different colors to toggle between to draw different annotations and any other user get other 3 different colors and all users have access to symbols like arrow with instanced numbers and well known symbols like OK check mark, Stopp, Warning Sign(s), Circle / Elipse, etc. 

(Presales) Senior Technical Consultant @ INNEO Solutions GmbH (Germany)
Top Tags