cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Chalk for RealWear App Does Not Allow User to Join Session

tinao
11-Garnet

Chalk for RealWear App Does Not Allow User to Join Session

Hi @tmccombie - I've noticed that the Chalk for RealWear app does not allow me to enter a Display Name and join a session initiated from the desktop. I can enter the connect code manually or via dictation, however, the display name box does not record dictation, or manually typed characters. There is also no response when selecting/dictating "accept."

Attached is the screen as seen on the headset.  The app is 4.0 and the headset OS is up-to-date.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Posting the solution here in case others run into this:

Changing the font size and display size on the device back to default resolves this keyboard/input issue. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:tinao)

Hi @tinao 

Can you share the steps you are following?

I'm not able to reproduce this on my device. After entering the connect code, I say 'Next Item' which takes me directly to the display name input screen. 

image.png

From there I can choose my input type - I said 'Letters'

image.png

I was then able to dictate the letters in my name by stating: tango, alpha, romeo, alpha. After I said 'Submit' and was immediately loaded into the Lobby of the session. 

I don't believe there is an 'accept' button through this flow. If you use 'Submit', does that work?

tinao
11-Garnet
(To:tmccombie)

Hi @tmccombie, I’ve followed the same steps as you’ve indicated - additionally, I’ve tried both manually selecting the letters and numbers with RW Explorer, dictating with the phonetic alphabet as you said you did below, dictating “next item,” and “submit.” None of the characters record in the Display Name box. When saying next item or submit (with an empty box because nothing records), the keyboard doesn’t shift. I typed accept instead of submit in my original post - but am sure I dictated/clicked/gave the “select item #” command and none were successful with either character entry or actually submitting a display name.

The version is 4.0 and was updated/downloaded via Foresight and the Realwear Admin site. When starting the call from the desktop as one should, the session can’t actually begin because neither user gets past the display name pages at the beginning of the session.

Thanks for the response!

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:tinao)

Hi @tinao. Thanks for the additional information. Is this happening for multiple RW devices or just this one? If you skip the connect code and go directly into the display name property - are you seeing the same behavior? The only difference between our tests is that I downloaded Chalk from the support site and manually installed the APK via RWexplorer. Is this something that you could try? 

Posting the solution here in case others run into this:

Changing the font size and display size on the device back to default resolves this keyboard/input issue. 

Top Tags