cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Re: Initiate or receive from a PC

magnus.salomons
14-Alexandrite

Re: Initiate or receive from a PC

Hi,

1. Is there no other way to start a session from Chalk Desktop other than sending an email link or a Connect Code. Why are there no contacts in Chalk Desktop?

2. How to start a session from Chalk app on mobile inviting someone using a desktop? If a lab engineer starts a session it would be more convenient for the office engineers to use Chalk Desktop. As it is now I get the call from a lab engineer in my mobile.

Thanks

Magnus

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @magnus.salomons 

Right now Desktop only supports Chalk calls using Connect Codes. Within the mobile Chalk app you can select 'Start a Session'. This will open up a new session screen with a Connect Code displayed. The lab engineer can then use the 'Share' feature below the Connect Code to send the office engineer the Connect Code via whatever method they like (email, text, etc). Once the office engineer has the connect code they can enter it into the Desktop app using the 'Join Session' option to connect to the remote user's session. 

Thank you @tmccombie , that worked ok.

We tried a session today but unfortunately got the message below. Is it not possible to use sketches on the screen with Chalk Desktop? Both users are hosts.

Chalk Desktiop Annotations.jpg

Hi @magnus.salomons 

Annotations are possible on Chalk for Desktop. Did the 'local user' (the one who was sharing their screen) follow the initial instructions displayed that allows Chalk to map the environment? It looks like this:

image.png

Once the local user successfully does that, you should be able to add Chalk marks. I just tested locally and was able to add Chalk marks using Desktop. 

image.png

Thanks again @tmccombie I'm sure that's what happened. I will tell him to follow the on screen instructions when he starts the session.

dmforbes
12-Amethyst
(To:tmccombie)

I have an Iphone 7, and use my PC to show others how the desktop app works.  i get mixed results if the desktop app allows me to draw or not.  If I can't draw, I exit the session and start a new one.  nothing changes other than it is a new session.  Any ideas?

Top Tags