cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Regarding Users of Vuforia Chalk

KS_8991332
5-Regular Member

Regarding Users of Vuforia Chalk

Is it possible to register users with a group address for use with Vuforia Chalk Premium?

(I heard that it is possible to use multiple users with a group address.)

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @KS_8991332 -- do you mean using a shared email address, so that a Chalk User Account can be shared with people?

Is the use-case where you are installing Chalk on a shared device (tablet or eyewear) and your worker(s) might be changing (e.g., workers vary by shift), so they can use Chalk using that shared device?

Best,

Dan

Dan Hitomi
Product
KS_8991332
5-Regular Member
(To:danhitomi)

Thank you for your confirmation.

The recognition of sharing a shared email address with others is correct.

The usage is that the person who wants to open a session logs in from the shared email address (shared account).

The login is done from a device owned by each individual.

The device is not necessarily the one shared.

KS_8991332
5-Regular Member
(To:KS_8991332)

Hi @danhitomi 

How is the status of confirmation?

Hi @KS_8991332 -- apologies, I thought my response was indicating you can use with a shared email address - so that part is OK to use that way.

The part that was unclear is "the device is not necessarily the one shared" -- could you clarify that part?

Generally, the downside of sharing a User Account (example: shared.account@acme.com) is a "lack of control" for you where it may be unclear which employee / person logged in and accessed Chalk.

Best,

Dan

Dan Hitomi
Product
KS_8991332
5-Regular Member

Hi @danhitomi 

Thank you for your confirmation.

Answers to the following questions are below.

(Question)

"The part that was unclear is "the device is not necessarily the one shared" -- could you clarify that part?"

(Answer)

The recognition of sharing a shared email address with others is correct.

The usage is that the person who wants to open a session logs in from the shared email address (shared account).

The login is done from a device owned by each individual.

The device is not necessarily the one shared.

Hi @KS_8991332 -- thanks for the clarification.

One more question - what do you mean by "wants to open a session logs"? Do you mean you need for people who need to access our Chalk Admin Center to view session history and activity (across all your users of Chalk)?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Hitomi
Product
KS_8991332
5-Regular Member

Hi @danhitomi  Thank you for your confirmation.

The following sentence is corrected and conveyed. The Japanese version is as follows.

”The usage is for the person who wants to open a session to log in from a shared email address (shared account).”

使用方法は、セッションを開きたい人が共有のメールアドレス(共有のアカウント)からログインする方法です。

KS_8991332
5-Regular Member

KS_8991332
5-Regular Member

Hi @KS_8991332 -- apologies, I missed the earlier status check.

They can use a shared email address (e.g., shared-group@acme.com) , but it would be in violation of our terms of service where we assume each person using should have their own individual user account unless the people are sharing a device (i.e., company-issued device that is shared amongst the workers).

Is the reason they do not want to pay for additional licenses for each individual and, if so, why? I'm interested to learn as maybe we can help or recommend a different solution. I'm less concerned about them violating our terms of service, but, instead, each of their people not getting the intended experience because they're sharing the user account across different people's individual devices.

Dan Hitomi
Product
Top Tags